Friday 26 August 2016

5 things travelers say (and what they really mean)

In life, people often say things they don't mean. If you are a traveller, you'll know exactly what I mean!

It is time to decode all the things travellers say and find out what they really mean. Don't know any of the travel lingo? Perhaps its time to book a trip of your own - book your shuttle service to or from the airport here...

What you say:
“It’s been a long year. I deserve a holiday.”

What you really mean:
“Ok. I don’t REALLY deserve a holiday. I did spend the entire year watching series all the time, growing my winter coat and avoiding human contact.  But I'm ready to go out into the world again, but only if it involved lazing on the beach and drinking cocktails."

What you say:
“I’m going to stick to my budget.”

What you really mean:
"I've created a list of travel hacks and trips that I can do to make myself feel better about spending so much money on fancy suppers and silly souvenirs."

What you say:
“I’m going to have a full social media cleanse this whole trip."

What you really mean:
"But posting pictures to Instagram in the airport doesn't count. And how can I not take a Snapchat video of myself holding my passport? If I don't make all my friends and family jealous my holiday doesn't count!"

What you say:
“We can afford a decent holiday, but first I have to find a cheap deal.”

What you really mean:
“If only there was a quick and easy way to find a holiday without having to do so much work."

What you say:
“Let’s just be total beach bums today. It’s nice to get some relaxation in on holiday.”

What you really mean:
“I’m hungover, and this beach blanket is about as far from the hotel as I am going to get in the next eight hours. Cool?”


Looking for a cheap, affordable shuttle service? Contact Airport Shuttle in Cape town or Durban today and book your ride

No comments:

Post a Comment