People love to travel in the summer months, but in places such as Cape Town, the scorching heat can make it extremely uncomfortable to travel.
Here are 8 ways to beat the heat when you’re travelling this summer.
1. Drink lots of liquids. It is so important to stay hydrated when you travel, so be sure to drink lots of water. Always drink chilled water to bring down your core temperature, whether you are being active or not.
2. Bring your sunblock. Even if you think you’re going to be inside for your entire trip, it is always best to pack your sunblock. If you do get sunburnt you’ll be stuck feeling overheated the entire time.
3. Try to eat lighter foods. What you put in your stomach can heat the rest of your body, so try to choose foods and only eat meals that keep you full as well as hydrated.
4. Wear the right clothes. Try your best to wear loose, light-coloured clothing and avoid wearing dark colours and too many unnecessary layers. Cotton clothing will keep you cool by absorbing and releasing heat and sweat.
5. Pack your hat. Not only will a hat protect you from the sun but it will also keep you cool throughout the day. Choose a larger hat as it is vital that you keep the sunshine off your neck – it has a big impact on what your internal temperature is.
6. Plan ahead. Always plan ahead and check what the weather is like so you know what to pack in your suitcase. Check the weather at the airport as well as at all your stops along the way.
7. Cluster your activities. There is nothing worse than travelling all over the show with the hot summer sun beating down on you. If it is possible rather cluster the activities you want to do together to avoid long, hot walks or rides. For a reliable, affordable shuttle service, contact Airport Shuttle to book your ride! Use the online booking system on www.asct.co.za or call +27 (0)21 551 8785 | +27 (0)82 951 3646.
8. Eat some ice cream! It’s yummy and it’s great to eat on a hot summer’s day. So go get yourself an ice cream and enjoy your holiday.
Do not get caught feeling like you’re in an oven, it’ll only ruin your trip, use these 8 tips to beat the heat when you’re travelling this summer.